Shoe Rally/Anniversary with Family & Friends
Join us Oct. 22nd for our Shoe-Rally-Church Anniversary with Family & Friends!!
This will be a blessed service as we honor the late Frances Dorsey who Chaired the Shoe-Rally fund raiser for years. It will also be our 125th Anniversary!!! Family, friends, and you will have an amazing time in the Lord for this service and more!
Great worship and fellowship.
Sickle Cell Disease is a disease that is rarely discussed in the community but has impacted many lives by way of challenges in many ways. Many live in silence with this disease for various reasons. But God has called some of us to be the voice for them. Rev. Dr. R. Lorraine Brown Cross is an advocate for those who suffer with this disease. She is the Executive Director of the ministry, Project Spirit; a ministry that provides hope for those who live with this disease. You may contact the ministry directly to support or sow into it from your heart at:
Sickle Cell Awareness
• Ability to sing (optional), rehearse with and direct a choir or praise team.
• Ability to play organ and/or piano (traditional and contemporary hymns and gospel)
• Ability to work closely with the Pastor for worship planning.
Responsibilities of the Musician
• Responsible for the overall music ministry.
• Be available for service (every Sunday for the duration of the service)
• Provide a replacement musician when/if he/she cannot make it to services (further details listed in the Contract). Contract is at-will.
• To promote the spiritual life of the congregation and its members through music ministry.
• Plan and work with committees and ministries for special programs (holidays, weddings, funerals etc.) if available.
• To work closely with other musicians and pastor for appropriate selections of the service (context).
• Be able to successfully complete a background check and training before working with children/youth, and vulnerable adults.
Send resume and relevant information in the email address on the Contact Us page.
Join us for the Bible Study series, "Journey Through the Gospels" every other Wednesday, 7 p.m. via Zoom, in the summer as we continue our study with the Gospel Mark. For all who are interested in joining, please leave your information (full name and email address) in the Contact Us page. You will be added to the email distribution list and provided the Zoom links.